Annual results and 3 cents per share fully franked dividend
August 21, 2012 – Hansen Technologies Limited (ASX: HSN) is pleased to announce its financial results for Fiscal 2012 and advises the Directors have declared a 3 cents per share fully franked final dividend with a record date of 7 September and payment on 28 September.
Hansen’s Chief Executive, Andrew Hansen said in commenting on the results for the year, “I am pleased to be able to report a solid performance in what has been a year of challenging economic conditions. The customer activity in the second half of the year has been slower than planned leaving our full year’s result marginally behind that of the prior year. It is positive to note however that the North American market, where we have been investing, is showing strong promise with a number of new projects having been identified.
I am pleased that our operating efficiency remains high and at the top end of our targeted range. We continue to have a strong annuity based revenue stream providing a solid foundation for our businesses future. The combination of these financial strengths provides us with the capacity to invest confidently in our products, markets and geographies.
I am disappointed that we have not been able to close a suitable acquisition in this past year. Unfortunately the opportunities we identified and worked upon have proved, after due investigation, to be overvalued and not prudent for us to complete. We continue to be committed to exploring growth through acquisition and with the strong Australian $ representing a positive incentive for the purchase of international businesses we will continue with this corporate endeavour.
It has otherwise been a year of consolidation for the Hansen group. The business objectives we had for the year have been well progressed;
- Continued our commitment to North America with the expansion of our sales force and marketing campaigns.
- Continued to invest in our core software products especially in the area of “time of use” electricity metering as well as expanding our telecommunications solutions functionality and processing capacity.
- Remained strongly cash flow positive and well positioned with cash resources to support our growth aspirations.”
- Detail of Hansen’s Dividend Reinvestment Plan including the share pricing methodology is available online at www.hansencx.com.
- The conduit foreign income component of this final dividend is nil.
- Shareholders wishing to participate in the Dividend Reinvestment Plan need to have lodged the required DRP Notice with the Company’s Share Registry by no later than 5.00pm on the record date, 7 September 2012.
- For the purpose of the Company’s Dividend Reinvestment Plan the share application price for this dividend will be subject to a 2.5% discount.