Hansen Catalog Fundamentals Certification
This course provides the core knowledge necessary for anyone using the Hansen Catalog and is mandatory for anyone wishing to progress with role-based Catalog certification. It provides a detailed view of the core functions and features of Hansen Catalog and best practices for modelling and building your products. This course also provides a guided hands-on walkthrough of the tasks you will need to perform in order to create offers, price offers and build rules within the Hansen Catalog.
You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the Hansen Catalog product model and best practices for implementation in the application. A good understanding of the preparation and structure required helps prevent costly mistakes and will improve the performance of your Catalog. The hands-on practice will help you to build and enhance products, services and resources in the Catalog. Those who complete this certification are immediately able to start work building and implementing offers in the Catalog when they return to their desks.
This course provides the basic building blocks for anyone who will be using or amending the Catalog. Those who would benefit from this course include:
- Product Team
- Marketing Team
- Pricing/Approvals/Staging Managers
- Launch Managers
- Project Team
It is expected that you will have completed the Hansen Catalog Overview course before attending this course.
A working knowledge of your company’s product offers which will be created in the Catalog would also be beneficial.
Once you have completed this course you will be able to perform the following:
- Navigate the Hansen Catalog Manager.
- View information about entities within the Catalog.
- Describe where you might use reference data.
- Model offers using TM Forum best practices.
- Create and edit an offer and outline pricing options.
- Set up change entities, test sets and logical catalogs to manage your entities.
- Follow best practices to create and edit product, service and resource entities within the Catalog.
- Reuse components within offers, overwriting information to suit the offer.
- Price offers using a range of rating options, costs and discounts.
- Create promotions.
- Create sophisticated product rules using appropriate scopes and rule types.
- Implement run-time characteristics on offers.
- Manage all aspects of the product lifecycles within the Catalog for both new and existing entities.
- Launch and publish entities.
- Provide audit data when required.
- Make decisions regarding security and integration.
- Navigating the Catalog workspaces
- Searching and viewing entity information
- Working with Facts (reference data)
- Delivering best practice when modelling entities
- Creating and editing entities.
- Pricing, costs, discounts and promotions
- Decision-making with product rules
- Managing the product lifecycle.
- Auditing your entities
- Integrating with other systems
- Implementing security options
The course concludes with an online exam, which tests both theoretical and practical knowledge of Hansen Catalog. On successful completion of the exam and full course attendance, you gain Hansen Catalog Fundamentals Certification.
Qualification – Hansen Catalog Fundamentals Certified
This certification is a mandatory pre-requisite for the following courses:
- Hansen Catalog Configuration Certification
- Hansen Catalog Developer Certification
This course is delivered as an instructor-led course or online interactive course.
A Hansen Catalog Learning Lab is provided by Hansen for the duration of this training.