Hansen Technologies (ASX: HSN) is a leading global provider of billing software, customer care, data management and catalog driven technologies.
With over 40 years’ experience, Hansen’s proven and scalable solutions together with innovative and flexible offerings enable more than 600 clients to deliver cost-effective end-to-end business initiatives to improve their customers’ experience. Hansen Technologies helps customers to streamline and optimize critical billing and operational processes allowing them to realize their potential to grow, evolve, and thrive in their markets.
Founded in 1971, Hansen Technologies now employs over 1500 people and has offices in Australia, United States, Canada, New Zealand, Denmark, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, Norway, Finland, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, China, India, Vietnam and the United Kingdom servicing customers in over 80 countries around the world.
- Acquired Sigma Systems - leading catalog-driven software solutions for communications, media, and high-tech companies. Product portfolio includes enterprise-wide Catalog, Configure Price Quote (CPQ), Order Management and Provisioning. Hansen's largest acquisition to date. Read the ASX announcement here.
- Purchased Enoro - the Nordic market leading provider of Customer Information Systems (CIS), Meter Data Management (MDM) and Analytics systems for the energy sector. Read announcement here.
- Purchased HiAffinity focused on the water billing industry with clients in the United Kingdom, Australia, Africa & Americas.
- Acquisition of PPL Solutions, LLC (“Solutions”)
- Partnered with Smart Utility Systems (SUS) to deliver mobile platforms to utilities.
- Selected by eRex for expansion in the Japanese deregulation residential market.
- Signed contract with Hinduja Group to support its HITS platform in India.
- Signed distribution agreement with Toshiba Industrial ICT Solution to resell Peaceplus in Japan.
- Signed contract to renew services with BT Group PLC.
- Acquired Telebilling A/S, adding triple and quad play billing to the Hansen Utilities portfolio.
- Announced City of Mesa as Early Adopter for Banner CIS V5.
- Finalized successful go-live of ICC for Univisa S.A.
- Signed contract with Ergon Energy to implement Peaceplus.
- Signed contract with Univisa S.A. to implement ICC.
- Signed contract with DirecTV Latin America to implement ICC.
- Finalized successful go-live of Nirvanasoft CIS for Agway Energy.
- Acquired Banner CIS, adding water billing to Hansen’s deep portfolio.
- Finalized successful go-live of HUB for Tokyo Electricity.
- Implemented ICC V6.2 successfully at DIRECTV Argentina.
- Upgraded Essential Energy to Peaceplus.
- Released new version of Peace, Peaceplus, which includes several new features and modules to meet the needs of the evolving energy industry.
- Signed contract with EDF Energy to implement Nirvanasoft.
- Signed contract with Suburban Propane (formerly Agway Energy Services) to implement Nirvanasoft.
- Signed contract with Aurora Energy to implement Utilisoft.
- Completed largest implementation of ICC for DirectTV Argentina.
- Acquired Irdeto’s ICC (Intelligent Customer Care) solution for Pay TV operators.
- Acquired Utilisoft, real-time energy market interaction and transaction data management software for generators, traders and retailers.
- Released social media module for utilities.
- Signed contract with Agway Energy Services for Nirvanasoft.
- Signed contract with Tuenti (Spain) for HUB.
- Acquired Nirvanasoft, a complex billing and customer care software solution built on the Microsoft platform.
- Ranked in the top 3 CIS vendors for investor-owned utilities by Utilipoint International for the second consecutive year.
- Signed license and started hosting service delivery for Tesco Mobile, the UK’s fastest growing mobile operator.
- Ranked in the top 3 CIS vendors for investor-owned utilities by Utilipoint International.
- Acquired Peace from First Data Corp. and began work on software upgrades and service at Direct Energy, Xcel Energy, Energex, Essential Energy, Airtricity and Broward County Utilities.
- Achieved world-leading results and benchmarks its Meter Data Management engine, HUB, to process 1 million interval meters in one hour.
- Won best CIS/CRM award at Airtricity for Peace.
- Completed third full retail compliant network billing installation at Energex (Australia).
- Won best CIS/CRM award at Direct Energy for Peace.
- Completed first implementation of the HUB telecommunications billing system in the United Kingdom.
- Implemented HUB at Scottish Power.
- Implemented Peace at Airtricity (Europe).
- Won award for the best CIS/CRM Implementation North America at Xcel Energy for Peace.
- Secured first major CIS contract in Japan, delivering HUB, a network solution to Japan’s largest electricity utility.
- Reported #1 CIS vendor to North American energy retailers by Chartwell Inc.
- Reached first 5 million customer installations of Peace at Xcel Energy for dual-fuel electricity and gas.
- Enabled a multi-fuel billing system for TXU (Australia), an Australian first where the electricity and gas billing data is presented as one consolidated bill.
- Installedfirst customer, Country Energy, with convergent billing across the energy and water industries.
- Installed first million+ CIS customer browsers at Direct Energy.
- Pioneered browser-based customer care solution for call centers at Telecom NZ.
- Joined the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX:HSN) in 2000.
- Implemented first North American customer care and billing system, Peace, at British Columbia Gas.
- Developed the first internet-based customer self-service solution (Peace) for customers who receive electric, gas and water through Advance Energy (renamed Country Energy) in 2001 and finally Essential Energy.
- Founded by Ken Hansen